Sewn by EQUIPE from vintage, hand-dyed IKAT from Indonesia, these pillows are works of art. IKAT is a woven textile whereby the pattern for the fabric is dyed onto the cotton warp (vertical) threads prior to weaving. A painstaking process, of bundling, dying and loading the warp threads onto the loom is then followed by weaving the weft (horizontal) to the create the distinctive IKAT pattern. Each IKAT piece we used was carefully selected and positioned to enhance it’s unique pattern, then sewn to 100% cotton canvas backing. Zippered openings allow for cleaning. Each piece of IKAT is unique, and therefore shows variations and the hand of the artist.
- Hand-dyed and woven IKAT fabric from Indonesia
- Pillow cover sewn in California, USA
- Zippered closure
- Large bolster pillows without fringe
- Medium pillows with fringe on one side
- Pillow insert included
- Spot wash with cold water and mild soap